Celebrating ODA’s 23rd Year
April 18 and 19, 2015, 10 am to 5 pm
Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation proudly presented the 23rd annual Oceanside Days of Art (ODA) held on Saturday April 18th and Sunday April 19th 2015 from 10am to 5pm. ODA is a juried fine art festival featuring over 100 local artists selling a variety of unique artwork including paintings, sculptures, stained glass, ceramics, fine jewelry, photography and more. The festival which is offered free to the public has live stage performances, children’s and adult’s hands on art activities, street chalk artist, painting and sculpture demonstrations, and a delicious variety of food choices in the food court. Oceanside Days of Art is conveniently held at the corner of Coast Hwy 101 and Pier View Way in downtown Oceanside. Applications for artists are now being accepted.
Visitors could purchase varieties of food ranging from Hunter Steak House to Mariposa Homemade Ice Cream at ODA’s food court.
As part of Oceanside Days of Art, Oceanside Museum of Art offered free admission to its indoor exhibitions to the general public and have a special art project for the kids and families on the terrace 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, both days, at 704 Pier View Way, Oceanside, CA 92054. No art experience was required and all art supplies were be provided. Children also had the opportunity to explore the museum through a kid-centric tour.
Paul Kauffman’s art exhibition took place during ODA in the lobby of The Brooks Theatre, 217 N Coast Hwy, Oceanside, CA 92054. The lobby of Oceanside’s oldest theater was completely transformed to celebrate Paul’s work, and there was a reception event 2:00 to 5:00 pm on April 18, and Paul was doing artist demonstrations April 18 & 19, 1:00 to 3:00 pm both days.
Hundreds of pieces of art by high school students from Carlsbad, Oceanside and Vista were on display at the Oceanside Photo And Telescope’s OPT Underground Gallery, 918 Mission Ave., Oceanside, as part of the Carlsbad-Oceanside Art League’s annual High School Art Show, with its grand conclusion through Oceanside Days of Art. The free exhibition, promoted by Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation, featured paintings, mixed media, graphics, ceramics, photography, and sculpture. The gallery was open April 7 through 19, including the two weekend dates of the 23st annual Oceanside Days of Art. The awards reception for student artists was April 12 at OPT Underground Gallery.
Free live entertainment included:
Saturday, April 18
10:00-10:45 Oceanside Theatre Company Youth Academy from The Brooks Theatre
11:00-11:45 Flamenco Ida y Vuelta
12:00-1:45 Oceanside Society Orchestra led by Tom Morrow
2:00-2:45 Raks el Shams
3:00-3:45 Muddy Hooker Kings
4:00-5:00 Every Man Take Cover
Sunday, April 19
10:00-10:45 Shake it Up World Dancers
11:00-11:45 Dona Nova
12:00-12:45 Cowboy Jack
1:00-1:45 Lady Pearls Affliction
2:00-2:45 Oceanside High School Jazz Band
3:00-3:45 Oceanside High School Choir
4:00-5:00 Star Kids & Star Glee Club from Star Theatre
(Check for next year’s guidelines soon!) Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation and the Oceanside Days of Art committee invite you to apply for participation in the 23nd annual Oceanside Days of Art to be held on Saturday April 18th and Sunday April 19th, 2015, from 10am to 5pm.
Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation is a non-profit organization whose goal is to broaden the cultural, artistic, musical and performing arts in Oceanside and the surrounding communities. All proceeds from this annual festival will be used to provide scholarships to graduating high school seniors (not just from Oceanside but from throughout North County San Diego) pursing artistic and performing arts degrees, and to organize more quality events in this city.
Booth fees are: 10’ x 10’ = only $155.00; and 10’ x 20’ = only $270.00. Please carefully review all rules and guidelines prior to application submission.
Artist Rules and Guidelines:
1. All artwork displayed and presented for sale to the public must be original and current work created by the registered applicant. No commercial, imported, or consigned goods of any kind will be allowed. No clothing of any kind will be accepted. Jewelry artists must produce most of the components used in their jewelry pieces.
2. Only art media represented in the jury process may be offered for sale. Misrepresented work will be removed at the sole discretion of the Oceanside Days of Art Committee.
3. Artists agree to be present or to have a knowledgeable representative in their booth both Saturday and Sunday. Artists are required to supply their own tables, chairs, and canopies. Artists are encouraged to demonstrate in their spaces.
4. All artists must have a permit from the State Board of Equalization and are responsible for all sales tax incurred.
5. Artists are strongly encouraged to carry liability, personal injury, theft, and damage/loss insurance for their artwork, their own personal protection and for the protection of their customers. Overnight security will be provided, however, Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation and the Oceanside Days of Art committee shall assume no liability for damage, loss, or theft of property belonging to participants.
6. Only one person may sell and show their work in each booth. Sharing of booth space is not permitted.
7. Oceanside Days of Art is a family event and the Oceanside Days of Art committee reserves the right to refuse any art which is not appropriate for family viewing.
8. All booths will be 10’x10’ or 10’x20’. Artists must sell from their designated space only and not infringe on walkways or neighboring booth spaces.
9. Booths must comply with local fire codes. Vendors are required to use fire retardant tarps with CPAI-84 specification. Tarps must be certified by the California State Fire Marshal.
10. No refunds will be issued once applications have been accepted and approved.
11. Approval of applications and/or booth location will be at the sole discretion of the Oceanside Days of Art Committee.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL ALL SPACES ARE FILLED
–Signed and Completed Two Page Artist Application Form
–Four 4”x6” color photos of art work with name and phone number
–Photo of Booth Display
–Self-addressed stamped envelope
–Check for Booth Fee Payment
–Mail to Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation, P.O. Box 3054, CA 92051
(View this year’s / ODA-2015′s Official Program HERE)
(Click for Oceanside Days of Art Volunteer Information HERE)