The 25th annual Oceanside Days of Art will be held on Saturday April 22 and Sunday April 23, 2017, from 10 am to 5 pm. ODA is a juried fine art festival featuring up to and sometimes over 100 local artists selling a variety of unique artwork including paintings, sculptures, glass, ceramics, fine jewelry, and photography. The festival which is offered free to the public has live stage performances, children’s and adult’s hands on art activities, street chalk artist, painting and sculpture demonstrations, and a delicious variety of food choices in the food court. Applications for artists are now being accepted (see application form below). As part of Oceanside Days of Art, Oceanside Museum of Art offers half-price admission to its indoor exhibitions to the general public 10:00 am to 5:00 pm, both days, at 704 Pier View Way, Oceanside, CA 92054.
Oceanside Days of Art is conveniently held at the corner of Coast Hwy 101 and Pier View Way in downtown Oceanside. Visitors can purchase a variety of food – gourmet foods can be found at booths throughout the area. Hundreds of pieces of art by high school students from Carlsbad, Oceanside and Vista will be on display at in the building of the local outpost for the National Independent Order of Odd Fellows, 503 Mission Ave Oceanside, CA, as part of the Carlsbad-Oceanside Art League’s annual High School Art Show, with its grand conclusion through Oceanside Days of Art. The free exhibition, promoted by Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation, features paintings, mixed media, graphics, ceramics, photography, and sculpture. The gallery will be open not only the two weekend dates of the 25th annual Oceanside Days of Art, but also a couple of weeks prior leading to the event.
Saturday April 22, 2017
10:00 Oceanside High School Jazz Band Civic Center Plaza
10:30 Ariel’s Dance Studio Broman Stage
11:00 O’side All-Star 3rd Grade Recorder Choir Civic Center Plaza
11:30 Roya Tribal Dance Guild Belly Dancers Broman Stage
12:00 Lincoln Middle School ‘s Intermediate Orchestra St Mary’s
1:00 Star Kids! Civic Center Plaza
1:30 A Step Above Dancers Broman Stage
Sunday April 23, 2017
11:00 Dancing Gems, Oriental Jewels Broman Stage
11:30 Barrie Dempsey, blues guitar Civic Center Plaza
12:00 Dancing Gems, Oriental Jewels Broman Stage
1:00 Ariel’s Dance Studio Broman Stage
1:30 Kainga Music, Steel Drummers, Civic Center Plaza
2:00 Oceanside High School Concert Choir Broman Stage
2:30 Kelly Halloran, Sequin in the Sky, Civic Center Plaza
3:00 Grupo Tequila, Ballet Folklorico Broman Stage
3:30 Mission Elementary Mariachi, Civic Center Plaza
Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation and the Oceanside Days of Art committee invite you to apply for participation in the 25th annual Oceanside Days of Art to be held on Saturday April 22nd and Sunday April 23rd, 2017, from 10 am to 5 pm.
Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation is a non-profit organization whose goal is to broaden the cultural, artistic, musical and performing arts in Oceanside and the surrounding communities.
Booth fees are:
Prior to February 28th
10′ x 10′ space = $135
10′ x 20′ space = $220
After February 28th
10′ x 10′ space = $155
10′ x 20′ space = $260
In celebration of the Silver Anniversary of Oceanside Days of Art, OCAF is extending the Early Bird discount for artists to participate. A listing in the official printed program of ODA will be ensured, if application is received by March 30th, 2017. Please carefully review all rules and guidelines prior to application submission.
A reception will be held at Oceanside Museum of Art Saturday evening, April 22nd which is complimentary to ODA artists. It will be in the upper gallery of Oceanside Museum of Art, 704 Pier View Way, Oceanside, CA, 92054, from 5:30 until 7:00 pm. There will be entertainment by pianist Robert Parker with wine, champagne, hors d’oeuvres, and desserts. The dress is casual. One free ticket for each booth space, additional tickets are $10.
- Signed and Completed Two Page Artist Application Form
- Four 4”x6” color photos of art work with name and phone number
- Photo of Booth Display
- If you would like your pictures returned please include a self-addressed stamped envelope
- Check for Booth Fee Payment
- Mail to Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation, P.O. Box 3054, CA 92051
Artist Rules and Guidelines:
- All artwork displayed and presented for sale to the public must be original and current work created by the registered applicant. No commercial, imported, or consigned goods of any kind will be allowed. No clothing of any kind will be accepted. Jewelry artists must produce most of the components used in their jewelry pieces.
- Only art media represented in the jury process may be offered for sale. Misrepresented work will be removed at the sole discretion of the Oceanside Days of Art Committee.
- Artists agree to be present or to have a knowledgeable representative in their booth both Saturday and Sunday. Artists are required to supply their own tables, chairs, and canopies. Artists are encouraged to demonstrate in their spaces.
- All artists must have a permit from the State Board of Equalization and are responsible for all sales tax incurred.
- Artists are strongly encouraged to carry liability, personal injury, theft, and damage/loss insurance for their artwork, their own personal protection and for the protection of their customers. Overnight security will be provided, however, Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation and the Oceanside Days of Art committee shall assume no liability for damage, loss, or theft of property belonging to participants.
- Only one person may sell and show their work in each booth. Sharing of booth space is not permitted unless the booth represents an art alliance or non-profit organization.
- Oceanside Days of Art is a family event and the Oceanside Days of Art committee reserves the right to refuse any art which is not appropriate for family viewing.
- All booths will be 10’x10’ or 10’x20’. Artists must sell from their designated space only and not infringe on walkways or neighboring booth spaces.
- Booths must comply with local fire codes. Vendors are required to use fire retardant tarps with CPAI-84 specification. Tarps must be certified by the California State Fire Marshal.
- No refunds will be issued once applications have been accepted and approved.
- Approval of applications and/or booth location will be at the sole discretion of the Oceanside Days of Art Committee.
APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL ALL SPACES ARE FILLED
Food vendor booth rates are $325.00 for a 10’ X 10’ or $425.00 for a 10’ X 20’, plus $50.00 – Cleaning Deposit (Refundable). Deadline for food vendor applications – March 28, 2017.