Visual Arts Scholarships
Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation Visual Arts Scholarships are presented to graduating high school seniors seeking to further their education in visual arts based upon their experience and accreditation from contests and arts programs. The scholarships are intended for student visual artists specializing in unique artwork such as paintings, sculptures, stained glass, ceramics, fine jewelry, digital media, and photography.
To be considered for this award, student applicants from North County San Diego must submit a typed 1-2 page application, which includes the following information:
- Name, current telephone number, and mailing address, email address, name of high school
- High school coursework in the visual arts field, including completed and current
- Additional outside or extracurricular visual arts experience and contests
- Future educational and career goals
- How this scholarship would benefit and/or assist the applicant.
- Why this scholarship should be awarded to the applicant
- A minimum of three photo examples of the applicant’s work either on printed photo paper or in digital format, such as DVD, SD card, or flash drive.
Additionally, applicants have the option to include a Letter of Recommendation from their high school arts instructor. The photos should showcase the student’s best efforts and participants are asked to make sure their work presentation underscores their talents. The digital storage media will not be returned. Students are advised not to email photos of their work. Submit scholarship package to Oceanside Cultural Arts Foundation, PO Box 3054, Oceanside, CA, 92051. Application deadline is Monday, April 30, 2018. For questions email to email@example.com